Eaton Community bank is looking for a professional, customer service-oriented individual to fill the role of Universal Banker in our new East Lansing location.
In this position you will be responsible for providing great customer experiences and maintaining strong and profitable banking relationships with our current customers, following up on leads and supporting our lenders.
Successful applicant will ideally have 5 years of experience in a financial institution, preferably in a retail banking position. A combination of sales, customer services and retail banking experience will be considered.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs all Customer Service Representative duties.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of all the Bank’s products and services, including business products and services.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of personal finance and a basic understanding of small business finance necessary to discuss financial matters with customers and assist them in making financial decisions.
- Is adept at gauging customers’ financial situation, evaluating alternatives and recommending appropriate products and services.
- Establishes new deposit accounts in an efficient manner, explaining all account terms, completing all necessary documentation and following all established procedures.
- Participates in calling on customers, follows up on referral leads from other departments and the bank’s marketing efforts.
- Accepts loan applications in an efficient manner, explaining all terms, completing all necessary documentation and following all established procedures. Also assists customers who choose to submit applications through the online channel.
- Communicate with existing small business customers to determine needs and offer solutions.
- Maintains an active Registered Loan Originator status in the National Mortgage Licensing System.
- When appropriate to serve customer needs on more complex transactions, makes referrals to specialist within the Bank such as mortgage and commercial lenders and the Financial Services Representatives.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and is able to make effective presentations.
- May assist in branch duties such as opening, closing, ATM balancing and cash vault duties.
- Maintains a highly professional image representing the Bank in a positive manner in all situations.
- Is self-motivated, organized and able to juggle the numerous demands necessary to service many customers and maintain a busy schedule traveling between meetings at various Bank offices and customer locations.
- Is knowledgeable about and follows Bank policies and procedures.
- Is knowledgeable about and complies with applicable regulations.
- Reviews required policies annually.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by supervisors or managers.
- Completes all internal training assignments in a timely manner.
- Participates in community service opportunities, marketing and customer service events.
COMMERCIAL LOAN PROCESSOR
Eaton Community Bank is looking for an experienced Commercial Loan Processor to fill a position in our growing Commercial Lending Department. This position will be located in our Charlotte office.
The successful applicant will be a professional, customer service-oriented individual who possess excellent communication skills and at least 3 years’ experience in a financial institution, preferably in a lending related position.
In this position you will be responsible for processing new loan requests from application through closing and assisting loan officers in serving loan applicants.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assemble loan application files and verify all proper documentation is in order for loan approval/denial.
- Work with participating banks or agencies as needed. (SBA, MCDC, USDA)
- Enter information in the loan processing system, prepare and send out all required disclosures, and order all information needed for loan approvals, such as credit reports, appraisals etc.
- Assist customers by answering questions and obtaining underwriting information when needed to complete applications.
- Perform all tasks necessary to prepare approved loans for closing including working with customers and realtors to secure necessary documentation, resolving title issues, etc.
- Coordinate closing amongst the various parties.
- Prepare accurate and complete closing packages and deliver them to the proper persons in a timely manner.
- Complete construction draws.
- Prepare weekly/monthly loan pipeline reports.
- Create files for closed loans.
Eaton Community Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Please note: Resumes can be submitted via email at any time and will be retained for consideration for up to six (6) months.
Email Human Resources